Friday, August 14, 2009

Tip of the Hat to the I.D. Nuts

My wife and I have the out-of-town grandchildren for a few weeks. One of them got into the box of toys and dumped them out, making comments on the various pieces he remembered as a child.

I noted the two dinosaurs that sat among the group of animals in the 'display,' next to the chimp, cow and duckie. It appeared as though the 'nurse' play piece was frightened by the red dinosaur and it made me wonder if those blond children of long ago- you know, 6000 years ago- were less frightened of the dinosaur since they 'grew up' with them and played beside them as youngsters.

Inquiring minds want to know which type of dino was the favorite child's pet. Perhaps archaeologists will soon find a 6000-year-old site of bones of humans and dinosaurs and will then be able to shed some light onto this human-dino relationship. I'll bet that the red one was way down on the 'play with' list.

Lefty Blogs