Sunday, April 20, 2008

Not Much Else to Talk About

I received this beginning paragraph of the Lee Iococca book in my email today:

"Am I the only guy in this country who's fed up with what's happening? Where the hell is our outrage? We should be screaming bloody murder. We've got a gang of clueless bozos steering our ship of state right over a cliff, we've got corporate gangsters stealing us blind, and we can't even clean up after a hurricane much less build a hybrid car. But instead of getting mad, everyone sits around and nods their heads when the politicians say, "Stay the course." Stay the course? You've got to be kidding. This is America! , not the damned "Titanic". I'll give you a sound bite: "Throw all the bums out!"

And he goes on. I read the book more than two years ago. And many others on the same topic.

I post my outrage here almost daily. It's a vent for me, but, really, I think I've said it all. Like Iococca, I'm underwhelmed by the lack of outrage.

Few people care any more. We've become mindless dolts interested mostly in being entertained and overeating.

Judas Priest! What an ugly nation we've become.

Who the hell cares any more!

Lefty Blogs