I forget which excuse number that was [perhaps #3] but since they have been 'defeated' then it really is a civil war and we ought not be fighting their civil war.
Sorry about the logic. I didn't mean to get your hopes up. Silly me. How rude of me to use logical thinking about the Bush War in Iraq.
Here's the news from the Washington Post : The U.S. military says it has dealt devastating and potentially irreversible blows to Al Qaeda in Iraq in recent months, leading some generals to advocate a declaration of victory over the group, which the Bush administration has long described as the most lethal U.S. adversary in Iraq.
Seems we've been given the green light; the door has swung open. RUN LIKE HELL!
Not so fast. Let's think about some more excuses for staying there, not just this one"
• we can't cut and run because we will look like losers, just like Vietnam
• if we leave now, all those brave soldiers will have died for nothing
• we have to guard our 'strategic interests' in the area
• Halliburton's profits will decline sharply
• we haven't established a democracy there yet
• Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will laugh at George Bush
Let us not forget about those massive military bases our tax dollars have financed in Iraq; WE can't give up OUR bases to THEM.
So, sorry for the prank about us leaving Iraq any time soon. Looks as if we may be annexing it as one of our off-shore U.S. Territories.
Stealing from God: Turek’s Case for Christianity
22 hours ago