Monday, October 22, 2007

Evangelicals: Little Concern with National Politics

I held my nose and strolled over to the National Association of Evangelists for the first time. I was immediately surprised by the logo which states, "Cooperation Without Compromise." There's a master thesis wanting to be written.

However, the lead story on their site was this: Evangelical Leaders have long list of concerns.

Naturally, I took a peek, just for the heck of it. Eight lines down I came to this stark statement: Noticeably little concern was expressed about national politics or the war in Iraq.

WHAT? You must be kidding or dense or worse.

Why, then, are all of those GOP presidential candidates pandering to them? Why that horse and pony show in DC over the weekend staged for the right-wingers?

Little concern for national politics?

What am I missing here?

Lefty Blogs