Friday, April 3, 2009

No More Eating Freedom Fries


Remember those dopy right-wing Republicans who forced the House Cafeteria to re-label French Fries as Freedom Fries? Ah, those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end!  Are those dopes still House members or did their constituents toss those ignorant asses out on their ear?

Enemies all around us! Can't trust anyone these days. Be careful, orange alert! Donald Rumsfeld speaking Rumsfeldian. Dick Cheney in an undisclosed bunker. George Bush strutting across the deck of a warship.

Horrible memories, frightening images. A nation drifting on a rudderless ship with a do-it-alone mentality.

Today President Obama stood on the same stage with French President Sarkozy. Can you imagine that? I was stunned at the scene; it took my breath away. It was hard to get my mind around the reality that in 8 short years, France has emerged from its dark-age status and I can order French fries at McDonald's without wearing my sunglasses.

Time flies by.

Lefty Blogs