Saturday, October 13, 2007

American Flag Pins are for Idiots

The title is Bill Maher's which, in fact, he stole from me some months ago. Right here. A few days after I spoke of the tin flag lapel pins, I wrote of the real flag, the cotton one.

I'm surprised it too so long for Bill Maher to do a piece on these cheesy shams of patriotism. Clearly Karl Rovian. To his credit, Defense Secretary Robert Gates does not wear one, but Bush and Cheney, and the FoxNews staff have theirs proudly displayed each day.

Maher says, "Show me a man wearing an American flag pin in his lapel, and I’ll show you an asshole." The folks noted above qualify.

Truman, Kennedy Roosevelt and Eisenhower had no tin pin yet who would question their patriotism? They lived theirs.

Quite reveling that some folks think it necessary to pre-empt the question before it is asked.

Lefty Blogs